Feedback Request

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sally McDonald
    Keymaster

Hi TW Member
    This forum topic is for those of you who have a piece of writing that you would like feedback on, or have a question related to your writing experience. We are all here to offer support and encouragement. Just respond in this place and we’ll ‘talk’ about it.

Des O’Neill
    Participant

I have recieved some very positive feedback from my recent story I shared at the recent meeting.
    Blue hill triumph.
    Of course I am open for more constructive critic. That way I can rewrite the same topic, with your input.
    One suggestion was to make the reader feel the pain in legs and exhaustion as I conquere the hill.
    Des O’Neill.

Hazel Menehira
    Participant

Thanks for starting this Sally…have always found it to be worthwhile on TW web page since the first time many years ago. Hope members use it to benfit writing and fellowship. Blessings to all Hzl

Sally McDonald
    Keymaster

Thanks Hazel. Hopefully we’ll start to get members brave enough to post their work and ask for feedback (like Des did)!

Sally McDonald
    Keymaster

Hi Des,
    Thanks for being our first member brave enough to share your work and ask for feedback. I enjoyed reading Blue Hill Triumph and intend to put my editor’s cap on and send you my suggestions for how it could be structurally and grammatically improved. If you consent, I could offer my ideas here so that other members could see it and say whether they agreed or not. It’s a good way for new writers to learn that, in the end, it is YOUR work and any changes suggested are only that – suggestions – not changes you MUST make! (Except for grammar and punctuation errors that need to be corrected if you want the writing to be published. 😊
    Sally

Des O’Neill
    Participant

Thanks Sally. Sorry about the delay, I have been busy with my version of Sagaland…..Gondwanaland. And also been readjusting Blue Hill triumph thanks to the positive advice or suggestions I have recieved. I wonder if I should publish what I have worked on in the rewrite, here.

Courtney Hansen
    Participant

Hi Sally,

I would love to get some feedback on my text from a wider crowd especially from other writers and people who don’t know me (family and friends can be so wonderfully encouraging but perhaps not always the most honest!!). I write short stories and anecdotes about my time at sea. Should I just post in this forum or should I email you?

Many thanks
    Courtney

Sally McDonald
    Keymaster

Hi Courtney,
    If you post your writing here in the forum, every member will be able to give feedback and that will give you a wider view of your work. Another option is to read your work in one of our small groups and ask for specific feedback. It helps to bring copies for the other members in the small group so that they can read along. I know I always look forward to reading the work of other writers in our group.
    Sally

Courtney Hansen
    Participant

Hi Sally,

Thanks for the advice. My stories are roughly 3000 words, perhaps a bit long to read at one of the meetings! I will find one to post here.

Thankyou
    Courtney

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.