Improvements to monthly meetings

Welcome to Tropical Writers Inc Forums Members Forum Improvements to monthly meetings

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Hodges
    Participant

Please add your comments on ways you think the monthly meetings can be improved.

Pete Barker
    Participant

Was just wondering, now we are not reading out the runner-up 800-word stories at the meetings, but we hear enough about them from Steven to pique our interest, could the runner-up stories and/or any the judge(s) feel worth an “honorable mention” etc be posted on the website here along with the winner? Some of us are actually interested to read what other regional writers are currently working on. Just a thought.

Des O’Neill
    Participant

I wonder if I am alone on this matter. Monthly meetings seem to have changed to just sit and listen to everyones advice without any actual writing games or quick story writing ventures to be had.
    I am not in the same field of academic education and sometimes feel out of place with such competitions as 800 words, but enjoy writing for the sake of writing.
    Writing is an enjoyable activity and for some a favourite hobby. Even some new members that I know, want to write but are tentative or shy to do so.
    Even if its only once a month writing, it’s a start.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.