Responsibilities of the Writer:
- Ask for feedback on the specific area of writing you want help with.
- Be able to articulate what you are attempting to do and ask your readers if it works.
- If possible, supply the readers with copies of the writing beforehand so that they can give considered feedback.
- Respond to critique with respect.
Responsibilities of the Reader:
- Only give feedback related to the specific questions asked for by the writer.
- Find out what the writer is trying to accomplish and direct feedback to that.
- Take time and care to consider thoughtful feedback.
- Give critique with respect. List what you like first, then list what you believe could be improved.